PEX is a popular plumbing material that can be used to connect tub spouts to tub and other fixtures. PEX to Tub Spout is also easy to install, so you won’t have to spend hours trying to figure out how to connect your tub spout.
PEX tubing is commonly used to connect fixtures such as toilets and sinks. Tub spouts are often designed to fit PEX tubing, but it can be difficult to connect the two if you don’t know the process. This guide will teach you how to connect PEX to a tub spout.
PEX to tub spout can be done in several ways.
How to Connect PEX to Tub Spout
- The best way to connect your PEX tubing to a tub spout is by using a specialized coupling.
- The other way is to use a PEX connector, which is a one piece connector that has a female fitting on one end and a male fitting on the other end.
If you’re using the PEX connector, you’ll first need to unscrew the female fitting from the tube and then screw it onto the PEX connector.
- Another way is to connect PEX to tub spout using a T-connector. A third option is to use a compression coupler. Which is a two piece connector that has an inner male fitting and an outer female fitting.
- You can also use a clamp-on adapter to do this.
- The final option is to use an expansion joint. This type of joint connects two pieces of tubing without any joins between them.
To do this, first remove the old shower head from the tub. Then, use the connector to connect one end of the PEX tubing to the shower head and another end of the PEX tubing to the existing tub spout. Make sure that both ends of the tubing are tightly connected.
In conclusion, if you are looking to connect a PEX pipe to a tub spout, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure that the size of the pipe and the size of the spout match. Second, use a coupling system that is compatible with the type of pipe and the type of spout. Third, be sure to tighten the screws on the coupling system before using it.